What would this look like in a school or business environment? This is what you might see in a culture that encourages and develops a practice of being present:
- The organization develops mindful leaders who practice every day.
- At the beginning of each day, all employees in the organization take some time to meditate before they start their work.
- Teams take a few minutes before each meeting to quiet their minds through meditation, in order to be prepared to be fully present during the meeting.
- Employees are encouraged to take time to practice throughout the day.
- Employees have the opportunity to be part of a group that practices meditation together.
- Employees are simply welcomed to participate in meditation opportunities; it is not forced.
- A mindful culture is recognized as a healthy opportunity for personal and professional development.
- All employees respect and encourage their colleagues to practice mediation even if they decide not to participate.